Permanent, Full- Time Position - Arena Attendant
The Township of Ignace is accepting applications for the Permanent, Full- Time Position of the Arena Attendant with the Public Works Department.
Candidates must have the following minimum qualifications:
• Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma
• Experience in cleaning and maintaining indoor facilities such as arenas
• Understanding of refrigeration equipment and the operation of that equipment
• Experience in cleaning and maintaining outdoor facilities such as parks, sports fields, cemeteries and beaches
• Experience operating light equipment such as riding lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc.
• Experience operating heavy equipment (loader/ backhoe/ grader/truck)
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or as a member of a team
• Must be physically fit, as consistent physical labour is required
Certification in Standard First Aid and CPR and a Class B Refrigeration certificate would be an asset. The successful candidate will be expected to attain certification within the first three years of employment.
Experience in municipalities performing a variety of public works and/ or parks and recreation functions is highly desirable.
Wage rate, benefits and hours of works shall be as per CUPE 87 Collective Agreement and current Township practice.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume along with cover letter to:
Township of Ignace
P.O Box 248, 34 Highway 17 W
Ignace, ON P0T 1T0
Email: email@example.com Fax: (807) 934 2864
Closing date: 4:00 pm, Monday, May 18th, 2020
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note this job competition is currently advertised internally/ externally and qualified internal applicants will be given priority as per the requirements of the Collective Agreement.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c25, as amended and will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection.
The Township of Ignace is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations will be made upon request